Social Media Data + Data Stewardship = Social Media Data Stewardship
Social Media Data Stewardship (SMDS) is a set of data- and user-driven principles to guide all aspects of managing social media data including its collection, storage, analysis, publication, reuse, sharing and preservation.
- ICYMI: #SMSociety 2019 Keynote by Tarleton GillespieAugust 1, 2019“Custodians of the Internet: Platforms, Content Moderation, and the Hidden Decisions That Shape Social Media” Content moderation can serve as a prism for examining what platforms are, and how they subtly torque public life. Our […]
- ICYMI: #SMSociety 2019 Keynote by Valerie SteevesAugust 1, 2019“Not So Social, Not So Networked: Teens’ Perspectives of Privacy and Trust on Social Media” In the past two years, The eQuality Project has conducted a series of research projects exploring how teens use social media in their daily […]
- Social media marketing: Who is watching the watchers? [New Study]June 5, 2019Jacobson, Gruzd & Hernandez-Garcia. (2019). Social media marketing: Who is watching the watchers? Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. [Download an open access pre-print copy] Just because social media data is “public” does not […]
- Study: Majority of social media users in Canada avoid talking politics online for fear it might upset another personDecember 12, 201858% of online Canadian adults say they choose not to post a political comment or link on social media because it might upset or offend another person, according to a new report Download the Free Report Here TORONTO, ON — Conventional wisdom […]
- Rethinking Privacy and Trust in the Social Media Age — #SMSociety #CFP Toronto, Canada July 19–21, 2019October 3, 2018INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SOCIETY Toronto, Canada (JULY 19–21, 2019) The International Conference on Social Media & Society (#SMSociety) is an annual gathering of leading social media researchers from around the world. Now, in […]